In which we discuss,
1. "Man on the Stairs" by Miranda July, from Fence
2. "presence" by Helen Oyeyemi, What Is Not Yours Is Not Yours
along with, among other things...
- Hyuna, “Bubble Pop” and “Ice Cream”
- No One Belongs Here More Than You
- Voodoo. Who do? You do. Do what? Remind me of the babe.
- Maria Konnikova.
- Depressive realism.
- Depressive realism may not be real.
- Hitchcock on cinematic tension.
- Yoda, in Empire Strikes Back
A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have a I watched. All his life has he looked away…to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing.
The Silence, from Doctor Who.
- That cheesy korean song.
- The troubles with seeing yourself.
- 2PM, not 2AM). Also, it turns out 2AM is another boy group. Not, in fact, a girl group.
- Repetition, modes of conversation.
- That thing Chris remembered Neil talking about is not that different from Ernest Hemingway’s Iceberg Theory, sometimes known as the ‘theory of omission’