In which we discuss,
Along with, among other things...
- That one book, Grief Works by Julia Samuel
- That one film, Take This Waltz
- And that other film, The Abyss
- Also, Safety Not Guaranteed and I’m a Cyborg but That's Okay
- A discussion from the episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer called "Lie to Me" (a YouTube clip of that discussion)
- That one bookstore Pages of Hackney, a most excellent indie bookstore in London which you should visit
- A poem quoted in Before Sunrise by W.H. Auden, “As I Walked Out One Evening”
- An interview with Kevin Brockmeier did with Chris for The Yalobusha Review
If you enjoyed this episode, two things.
1) Check out our Patreon page where you can support us in our mission to talk about all of the things about all of the stories. Any pledge gets you access to our patron-only feed wherein stuff. Also. If you pledge $3 a month, you can get Chris' monthly newsletter in which he reviews, more or less, everything.
2) Consider leaving us a review on Apple Podcasts. It helps more readers find their way to our sound space. Which is cool.
Thanks for listening.