Along with, among other things...
- Kathleen Collins’ story, “Interiors” in A Public Space.
- Alexandra Alter on how “Kathleen Collins’s Short Stories Were Almost Lost to History,” in 2016 in the New York Times.
- Kathleen Collins’ film, Losing Ground, “A Lost Masterwork…” discussed in The New Yorker in 2015.
- Lousie Doughty reviews of “The Embassy of Cambodia,” for Guardian in 2013.
- Zadie Smith, “On Optimism and Despair,” in The New York Review of Books, 2016.
- Zadie Smith, writing about Joni Mitchell, in The New Yorker, 2012.
- Zadie Smith’s rules for writers, Guardian, 2010.
Some ideas of progress
- “Failed Idealism: The Big Chill, Revisited” by Tim Jones, Stubborn Things, 2016.
- ”Realistic idealists” by Alex Williams, New York Times, 2005.
Some other stories these stories made us think of
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath.
- The Freedom Maze by Delia Sherman.
- “Little Acorns“ by The White Stripes (link is to YouTube video).
If you enjoyed this episode, please consider leaving us a review on iTunes. It helps more readers find their way to our sound space.
Thanks for listening.