In which we discuss,
Along with, among other things...
- "Mid-Century Feminist Science Fiction Pioneers" by Sharon Patry
- Matthew Cheney’s discussion of Created He Them, back in 2006, over at Mumpsimus.
- Men Explain Things to Me by Rebecca Solnit
- That one essay from that collection, “More Equal Than Others,” which Emma mentions in the podcast.
- The title essay from that collection, “Men Explain Things to Me,” published in Guernica.
- A history of the term “mansplaining” by Lily Rothman, The Atlantic.
Some Biblical Footnotes
- Various translations of the verse from whence comes the title of Alice Eleanor Jones’ story.
- Some meanings of Adam.
The Power of Photographs
- On Photography, an essay (and book) by Susan Sontag
- How Photography Connects Us, a TED talk by the photo director for National Geographic
Art of an Otherwise and Cinematic Nature
- (500) Days of Summer, which actually begins with a slightly different quote than Chris quoted because words rearrange themselves when you're not looking.
- "Pan's Labyrinth and the Spanish Civil War" by Richard Silverstein
- Children of Men
- I'm a leaf on the wind.
- Hell is other people.
- Two households both alike in dignity.
If you enjoyed this episode, please consider leaving us a review on iTunes. It helps more readers find their way to our sound space.
Thanks for listening.