In which we discuss,
1. SEASONS OF GLASS AND IRON by Amal El-Mohtar, The Starlit Wood & Uncanny Magazine
2. WHAT IS LOST by Su-Yee Lin, Interfictions
Along with, among other things...
- The Starlit Wood: New Fairy Tales, edited by Dominik Parisien & Navah Wolfe
- Chuck Tingle
- “The Things They Carried” by Tim O’Brien
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
- Justice and punishment in fairytales
- Freud and Jung: A Failure of Eros
- “On Nostalgia, Myth, and The Way We Never Were” and also “It never was golden”
- Memory as Resistance: Grandma Kong Defending Her Village, a short film by Chan Seong Foong & Victor Chin.
- “My Heart Will Go On”, a video from yestertime by Celine Dion.
Some Links to Places Where One Might Nominate The Starlit Wood, Among Other Things
Episodes of Storyological Past
- WHEN RUMPELSTILTSKIN COMES AROUND, in which we discussed that other story we talked about from The Starlit Wood: Naomi Novik’s “Spinning Silver.”
- LATER EVERYTHING, in which we discussed “Pockets,” also by Amal El-Mohtar
- SEXY TRAINS ARE SEXY, in which we discussed a similarly sensual deep dive into the past, Stuart Dybek’s “Pet Milk.”