In which we discuss,
along with, among other things...
- The Bechdel Test and a Sexy Lamp, or, if you prefer, just the sexy lamp.
- All the everything rhymes.
- Those two episodes of our podcast— THE DEAD GIRL IN THE ROOM—where we discussed “Singing My Sister Down” by Margo Lanagan and—THE ONLY BEAUTIFUL THING—where we discussed “Escape from Spiderhead” by George Saunders
- THE LOTTERY by Shirley Jackson, and other stories of crime and punishment.
- Morality in fiction.
- Aimee Bender
- In the uncharted backwaters…
- That one setting for photography—HDR, which is actually not high-dynamic-resolution but, of course, HIGH-DYNAMIC-RANGE IMAGING. Silly words.
- The importance of CHORUSES, as explained by Chuck Pahlianuk