In which we discuss,
1. "The Killing Jar" by Laurie Penny, Motherboard
2. "The Closest Thing to Animals" by Sofia Samatar, Fireside Fiction
Along with, among other things:
- Fantastical bureaucracies
- The, now somewhat out-of-date but preserved for future generations, list of story stropes Strange Horizons was seeing too much of in 2012.
- The Arts Council is absolutely a real thing.
- Quasi-autonomous non-governmental organizations.
- British vs. U.S. sitcoms
- Laurie Penny and the London Riots
- True Crime
- Making of a Murderer
- Serial Podcast
- George Saunders
- Before Sunrise
- Kevin Brockmeier
- Robot Hugs, "Nest"